Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Reflections on 2014


 So it's been a whole year since I last posted anything here.  Apparently, having a baby took a toll on my blogging time.  

Our little love is 8 months old today; I can hardly believe it. When I look back over the last year, much of it is hazy - probably a blessing from the Lord, really. Having a new baby is a huge challenge, filled with difficult adjustments, and if  I could remember all of them, we'd probably never do this again. 

The general thing that comes to mind when I consider the last year is that through everything, God has gently reminded me of His faithfulness and love. Gently. Through colic, breastfeeding strikes, too-short naps, teething and all the rest, He has offered little reminders - our boy is a precious gift, I was meant to be his mother, each day is a new day and His love is never-ending.  

While our lives are forever changed and we embark on this new season as a family of three, I want to write down the things that have been constantly grounding. It's the way things go, right? Like the Israelites, we go through a desert and God's faithfulness abounds, and then once we're through the dry heat and into the Promised Land, we forget about the presence of the Lord and the need to draw near to Him daily.  

I am starting 2015 in the rest of my Savior, rejoicing in His faithfulness and looking forward to the year.... thank you, Jesus, for these messages: 

  • "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23) 
  • Bless the Lord, O my soul/ O my soul/ Worship His holy name/ Sing like never before/ O my soul I'll worship Your holy name/ The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning/ It's time to sing Your song again/ Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me/ Let me be singing when the evening comes - (10,000 Reasons, Matt Redman) 
  • "This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24) 

I am so thankful for my beautiful family and will continue to thank God for each day, no matter the circumstances. He is at work, so I can have peace.   


No comments:

Post a Comment