Saturday, October 29, 2011

Honey from the Rock

I chose this blog title because of a Psalm referenced in Warren Wiersbe's book, The Bumps are What You Climb On (1980). The Lord is speaking to the nation of Israel, reminding them of  who He is and what He's done for them, imploring them to listen to the Lord and follow His ways, as "with honey from the rock I would satisfy you" (Psalm 81:16b, New International Version).

It doesn't take a great theologian to understand the juxtaposition of the sweetness of honey and the painful hardness of a rock. The idea that because of His love and devotion to His people, however fickle and forgetful they were, the Lord would bring sweet blessing from hard experiences is a profound reminder to me in this season of life. Since my husband deployed eight months ago, I have experienced a pain akin to stubbing my toes on stones as I hike through the woods and twisting my ankles on rocks that litter the path. It's a constant, pulsating pain, and just as soon as one goes away, I encounter another rock. And yet, I'm reminded of the Presence of my Lord, who I truly believe will satisfy me with "honey from the rock".

I'm endeavoring with this blog to share some of those moments with you, in the hope that maybe as God teaches and encourages me, He'll also speak to you.

So here's to the journey! Let's try not to get fixated on the rocks, and instead, hope for the honey.

4 comments:

  1. This is going to be gooooood! Loves! ~Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to many more of your posts, Katie and to lots of honey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very excited to follow your journey of finding the honey in the rocks of life. :-) I am confident that your thoughts will bless and challenge many others along the way! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sending us the link to your blog - looking forward to reading it as well.

    ReplyDelete